Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Mathematics & Numeracy
At Harris Academy Tottenham, we teach maths through the new national curriculum which is broken down into the following strands:
- Number - number and place value
- Number - addition and subtraction
- Number - multiplication and division
- Number - fractions (including decimals and percentages)
- Geometry - properties of shapes
- Geometry - position and direction
- Ratio and proportion
The National curriculum emphasises the importance of all pupils mastering the content that is taught to them allowing them to gain a deeper understanding, resulting in sustainable knowledge and skills. At Harris Academy Tottenham, we follow a carefully built up mathematical scheme that incorporates practical activities, problem solving and group work which is based upon maths mastery approaches used in Singapore. We aim to provide children with the solid foundations so that they are able to use and apply when learning future mathematical concepts.