Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Pupils will be rewarded when they meet behaviour and homework expectations, demonstrate the Academy values (Endeavour, Enjoy, Excel), or perform outstanding work or service.
The reward systems from our Primary phase through to our Secondary phase include:
- Body language
- Verbal praise and encouragement
- Non-verbal praise – e.g. thumbs up
- Displaying pupils’ work and achievements on screens
- Comments written on work
- Sharing the work/deed within own class
- Extra responsibility and privileges
- Sharing work/deed with another class or sharing with a senior member of staff or whole school.
- Awarding certificates during celebration assemblies
- Regular, formal awards for achievement and demonstrating Academy values
- Special, invitation-only activities for pupils who are meeting behaviour and work expectations (trips and special events)
- Caught Doing The Right Thing (CDTRT) Tokens are awarded for students who are being good citizens
- Pupil of the week is awarded to pupils that have excelled
- Positive points
Our awards and cups
The pupils with the most positive points will receive rewards and are then eligible for special trips at the end of the year. Their points will also go towards they House total.
Special Termly Awards are given to pupils who consistently go above and beyond. These rewards are:
Termly Head of Academy Commendation is awarded to pupils who do something special e.g. writing for a newsletter, helping with a display for open evening, taking part in Academy events.
Commendations are given for 100% attendance and/or punctuality each term.
Subject Awards are for excellent progress and/or attainment each term.
Tutor Group and House Award are for the pupil with the highest cumulative number of commendations, subject awards and merits each term.
House Trophy is awarded weekly to one form from each House.
Academy Cup is for the best House over the last term.
Attendance Cup is for the House with the best attendance.
Top EEE score is awarded to the pupils in the Academy that have one of the 5 highest EEE score of their year group.