Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Key Dates for Primary Parents
There are several key dates, which have been planned into the Academy calendar to provide children with a range of exciting and engaging learning opportunities. These are:
- Week beginning: 9th October 2017 - Black History Week
- Week beginning: 13th November 2017 - Anti Bullying Week
- Week beginning: 12th March 2018 - Science Week
- Week beginning: 14th May 2018 - Walk to School Week (Happy shoes day will take place on Friday 18th May)
- Week beginning: 25th June 2018 - Enterprise Week
- Week beginning: 9th July 2018 - Sports Week
The Academy will be closed for students to allow in-service training for all staff at the Academy. The INSET dates are:
- Monday 9th October 2017
- Tuesday 2nd January 2018
- Friday 9th February 2018
- Friday 29th June 2018
Academic Review Days will take place every term. The Academy will be closed to all students to allow teachers, parents and children to meet for approximately 10 minutes on a one-to-one basis. This is an opportunity for you to discuss your child’s progress over the past term and to celebrate their successes.
It is compulsory for students to attend with parents on this day. If you cannot attend, please inform your child’s class teacher.
The dates for Academic Review days 2017/2018 are:
- Friday 24th November 2017
- Monday 26th March 2018
- Tuesday 17th July 2018
Nearer the time, you will be sent a letter asking your preferred time for appointments. Once this is received, you will be sent an appointment time.
Show My Learning Parties will take place every half term. Children will have the opportunity to share their work with their parents, between 8.45am and 9.15am. Show my learning parties dates are:
- Friday 22nd October 2017
- Monday 18th December 2017
- Thursday 8th February 2018
- Thursday 29th March 2018
- Friday 25th May 2018
- Monday 16th July 2018