Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Healthy Travel to School
At Harris Tottenham, we are keen to promote healthy lifestyles, and that includes travel to and from the Academy.
Further information and guidance regarding safe and healthy travel to and from the Academy can be found below:
We have a team of teachers who form part of our Travel Working Party at school who work on teaching and promoting safe and active travel. If you do have any ideas, we would ask you to share them via our info email account: Info@harristottenham.org.uk
Active and Safe Travel Key Dates
- Active and Safe Travel Coffee Morning: Thursday 14th November 2019
- Road Safety Week: 18th November 2019
- Walk to School Week: Monday 18th May 2020
- Happy Shoes day (Primary): Friday 22nd May 2020
Green Cross Code
Remember when crossing roads to follow the green cross code:
- Find a safe place to cross
- Look and listen
- Wait until it is safe to cross. If traffic is coming, let is pass.
- When it is safe, walk straight across the road
- Keep looking and listening as you cross
Road safety week
In November, the academy took part in Road safety week.
- As part of this all pupils had assemblies about how to keep safe when crossing the road.
- Our Year 4 children took part in Bikeability Level 1, to enjoy cycling and provide them with the skills to develop into future cyclists.
- Our year 7 children took part in a poster competition to create reminder posters about road safety – particularly to ‘Be Bright and Be seen’.
- Our Year 12 and 13 students will attend a ‘Safe Drive Stay Alive’ session in March.
Junior Travel Ambassadors
We have 4 new Junior Travel Ambassador’s in the Primary Phase who will be promoting safe and active travel to all pupils and staff.