Download our FREE smartphone app today!
“Mathematics is the most beautiful, and powerful creation of the human spirit.”
The Mathematics curriculum at Harris Academy Tottenham aims to equip pupils with a broad range of mathematical knowledge to be successful in an increasingly competitive workplace. We are committed to stimulating and inspiring pupils to be enthusiastic about the patterns and trends in the world around them. Within the department we:
- set the highest expectations for all pupils regardless of their prior attainment - recognising and celebrating achievements
- are committed to developing pupils’ mathematical knowledge, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- embed basic numeracy and literacy skills within all lessons to ensure our pupils become confident literate mathematicians
- create opportunities for all pupils to access an inclusive and differentiated curriculum appropriate to their individual aspirations
- ensure pupils become all-rounders in the key strands of Algebra, Number, Geometry and Measures, Ratio and Proportion, and Statistics and Probability.
Our pupils will enjoy being able to combine a variety of skills across various mathematical areas to solve complex problems. They will also have the motivation and resilience to learn and excel independently. In doing so, they will build their numerical aptitude through the subject specific disciplines of geometry, algebra, ratio, numbers and statistics.
Mr S Hayhurst – Director of Mathematics
Mr T Ellwood – Subject Lead for Economics and KS5 Mathematics
Ms D Adeniregun – KS4 Mathematics Coordinator
Mr M Baig – Teacher of Mathematics
Ms B Karaaslan – Teacher of Mathematics
Mr A Hassan - Teacher of Mathematics
Ms A Sounthararajan - Teacher of Mathematics
Mr R Rix - Teacher of Mathematics
Ms P Adodo – SENCO and Teacher of Mathematics
Mr S Tailby – Assistant Principal and Teacher of Mathematics
Ms C Marchant - Vice Principal and Teacher of Mathematics
Mr M Hall – Vice Principal and Teacher of Mathematics