Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Key Dates for Primary Parents 2020-21
There are several key dates, which have been planned into the Academy calendar to provide children with a range of exciting and engaging learning opportunities. These are:
- Week beginning 28th September 2020: Friendship Week
- Week beginning 5th October 2020: Black History Fortnight
- Week beginning 9th November 2020: Road Safety Week
- Week beginning 16th November 2020 - Anti Bullying Week (Odd Socks day will take place on Monday 16th November)
- Week beginning 11th January 2021: Kindness Week
- Week beginning 1st February 2021: ‘Proud to be me’ Week
- Week beginning 15th March 2021: Science Week
- Week beginning: 18th May 2021: Walk to School Week (Happy shoes day will take place on Friday 22nd May)
- Week beginning 7th June 2021: Healthy Eating Week
- Week beginning 14th June 2021: Safety and Relationships Week
- Week beginning 5th July 2021: Sports week (We hope to hold Sports day on Tuesday 6th July)
The Academy will be closed for pupils to allow in-service training for all staff at the Academy. The INSET dates are:
- Wednesday 2nd September 2020
- Thursday 3rd September 2020
- Friday 4th September 2020
- Friday 2nd October 2020
- Monday 4th January 2021
- Friday 12th February 2021
- Friday 5th March 2021
- Friday 2nd July 2021
Academic Review Days
These will take place every term. The Academy will be closed to all pupils to allow teachers, parents and children to meet for approximately 10 minutes on a one-to-one basis. This is an opportunity for you to discuss your child’s progress over the past term and to celebrate their successes.
It is compulsory for pupils to attend with parents on this day. If you cannot attend, please inform your child’s class teacher.
The dates for Academic Review days 2020/2021 are:
- Wednesday 18th November 2020 (Primary pupils only)
- Thursday 18th March 2021 - Postponed due to children returning on the 8th March from School Closure. This will take place in the summer term.
- Tuesday 20th July 2021
Nearer the time, you will be sent a letter asking your preferred time for appointments. Once this is received, you will be sent an appointment time.
Show my Learning Parties and Whole Class Assemblies
Due to Covid-19 and social distancing, we will not be holding any Show My Learning Parties or Class Assemblies for the Autumn term. We will review these in the Spring term.