Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on July 7th 2014
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane Ofsted
Following an inspection earlier this month, Ofsted has rated Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane as a ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ leadership and management.
This is the first inspection since the Academy opened in September 2012, replacing a school in Special Measures. Click here to download the report but key comments from the inspectors include:
- “Pupils enjoy their learning because their classrooms are exciting and inspiring places to be.”
- “Pupils feel exceptionally safe and secure.”
- “Leadership and management, including governance, are outstanding.”
- “Leaders and managers have worked very closely with parents, who are supportive of the academy.”
- “One pupil in Key Stage 2 said, ‘The teacher tells me exactly what it is I’ve got to aim for. Then, I aim for it, and I do it.’”
- “Parents think the academy is a safe and happy place for their children to be. One parent said, ‘It is a privilege for my child to come here. They are safe, happy and love their lessons.’”
- “Disabled pupils and those who have special needs make outstanding progress from their different starting points.”
Miss Kirstie Fulthorpe, Principal of the Academy said:
This was our first full inspection since opening in September 2012 and we are very pleased with the inspectors’ comments. These reflect our ambition to build a family Academy that provides exceptional education for Tottenham children.
This year, the Academy has also won an SSAT Educational Outcomes Award for academic progress. I have written to parents and spoken with children, staff and governors to thank and congratulate them on these achievements.
As we approach the summer holidays, I feel this is a fantastic note for us to end the school year on. Pupils and staff deserve a restful summer break but all of us are looking forward to seeing how much more we can achieve next year.
Sir Dan Moynihan, CEO of the Harris Federation, said:
It is always a complete joy to spend time with the staff and pupils at Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane. You only have to visit for a short while see that it provides exceptional levels of education and care for its pupils.
The Academy has come a long way since opening and we are delighted with the progress it has made in ensuring local children get the quality of primary education they deserve. I have no doubt that the Academy will continue to go from strength to strength.