Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The Academy is thrilled to announce that we have been graded 'Outstanding' in our first OFSTED Inspection in May 2017.
The Academy has received an 'Outstanding' grading in all aspects of the judgement.
Inspectors were impressed by the standard of teaching across all age ranges at the school. They said:
- “Teachers have excellent subject knowledge. Their enthusiasm for their subject is infectious, and this motivates pupils to want to achieve well.”
- “The school’s leaders have created a culture which is firmly underpinned by the school’s values: ‘Endeavour, enjoy and excel.’”
- “Teaching is very well planned in order to meet the needs of different pupil groups, including the most able.”
- “Pupils have a love of reading and are encouraged to read widely. This has had a positive impact on the quality of their written work and on their ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken activities.”
- “The early years provision offers a calm environment in which children thrive.”
- “Students are happy in the sixth form and feel safe. They told inspectors that they receive excellent support and guidance. They demonstrate positive attitudes towards their studies.”
Our Principal, Lisa Kattenhorn has said:
“I am so pleased that our academy’s ethos of excellence has been recognised by Ofsted. An ‘Outstanding’ rating is a fantastic achievement, particularly for an all-through school.
“I would like to thank the whole school community – from our youngest primary pupils to our brilliant sixth formers, from parents to staff, governors and the Harris Federation – for their continued support as we grow year on year. It is because of their hard work and dedication that Harris Academy Tottenham is thriving.”
A full copy of the report can be downloaded below.