Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Careers Education, Advice and Guidance
Careers Education and Guidance is an important part of your education at Harris Academy Tottenham.
Mr Paltzer - Careers Coordinator
Ms Joshi - Careers Advisor
There are lots of opportunities that you will receive to develop your understanding of careers and future pathways. These include:
- Curriculum Focus - Through your subjects, teachers explore skills, links to specific careers and exposure to professionals that enable you to consider the relevance of that subject in the wider world.
- STEM and Enterprise Curriculum - This enables you to assess your skills, and explore your strengths and areas for development.
- Careers Drop Down Days - You receive specific sessions from professionals around different aspects of the careers curriculum (pathways, employers, links to industry).
- 1-to-1 interviews - With our careers advisor. This provides independent advice and guidance for you.
- Trips and Visits - To employers, universities and future course providers. This includes visiting speakers working with you.
- Family Partnership Workshops - These occur around key points in your education -e.g. Making your options choices to ensure that you have support both at school and at home.
Ms Joshi works with us throughout the year, and visits the Academy regularly to ensure that independent advice and guidance is available for you.
You may want to explore the resources below, to find more independent advice and guidance around specific careers or pathways.