Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Admissions Consultation Notice
The Governing body of Harris Academy Tottenham are consulting on admission arrangements for students applying for places for the academic year beginning in September 2022.
We are required to consult on our admission arrangements when there are significant changes and/or at least every seven years.
We believe it is important for all stakeholders, including prospective parents and carers, to understand how our Academy manages the admission process. The Trust Board have developed a Trust wide template policy for use by all Harris academies to ensure consistency, clarity and compliance with the Admission Code. This may look different to previous policies, but we are simply setting out our existing criteria in a clearer way.
Proposed changes to the policy include a change of wording and clarification regarding definitions. They are as follows:
Definition of a sibling
For the purpose of this category, a 'sibling' is a full sibling (sharing both parents), a half sibling (sharing one parent), an adopted sibling, a long term foster sibling (i.e. not a temporary placement), a step sibling (one child's parent married to the other child's parent), or a child of their parent's cohabiting partner. In all cases, the sibling must live at the child's home address (as defined by this policy) as part of the same core family unit. For the avoidance of doubt, a child of a friend or extended family member (e.g. cousin) will not be a 'sibling' for this purpose, even if they live at the same address as the applicant child.
Definition of children of staff
A 'child' of a staff member is:
- their natural or adopted child, whether they live with the staff member or elsewhere; and/or
- their step-child or child of their cohabiting partner, who lives and sleeps with the staff member at their home address for more than 50% of their time from Sunday to Friday night during term time.
- For the avoidance of doubt, or a step-child or child of a cohabiting partner, who lives elsewhere, will not be eligible for a place under this category.
The consultation will run over 6 weeks from 9th December 2020 to 20th January 2021.
The full draft admissions arrangements for 2022-2023 can be found in the documents downloadable from the bottom of the page.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you. Please also provide your telephone number.
We would welcome your views on our consultation. Please ensure you respond to our consultation by noon on Wednesday 20th January 2021, which is when our consultation period closes.
You can respond in three ways:
- By email: email@example.com
- In writing: correspondence should be sent to Mr Robert Hawker, Clerk to the Governing Body, at the Academy address
- By filling in the form below