Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the young people from our community preparing them to become confident and courageous citizens who can take a constructive place in society.
We do this by:
- enabling all our pupils to achieve the highest standards of academic and cultural excellence through a broad, rich and deep curriculum
- equipping pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
- proving a well-taught and well-resourced education that delivers intellectual, artistic and physical nourishment
- providing a disciplined environment in which all pupils can learn and thrive and are challenged to be the best they can be
- providing a caring environment and a strong sense of belonging and pride in our Academy
- nurturing tolerance and respect for all; valuing the diversity of our school and providing opportunities to acquire vital ‘personal’ and ‘social’ capitals (embracing British Values, a rich PSHE programme and through supporting our pupils’ mental health)
- expecting pupils to be professional, polite and responsible
- pupils embodying our core Academy values of Endevour, Enjoy and Excel.
As an all through Academy, we are committed to ensuring that our provision is designed holistically, taking account of the needs of our learners as they progress through the education.
Key Stage 3
Our curriculum is both challenging and innovative, ensuring that high expectations are evident to our pupils from the beginning of their secondary education. Our curriculum is knowledge-based, empowering pupils to develop an understanding and appreciation of the subjects they study.
Our curriculum aims are to develop strong academic outcomes through:
- A foundational knowledge base where key concepts are embedded in pupils’ long-term memory and they apply them fluently to a range of contexts.
- Extra-curricular opportunities develop pupils’ cultural capital and appreciate of subjects beyond the classroom.
- Challenges, motivates, inspires and leads to a lifelong love of learning.
- The core Academy values of Endevour, Enjoy and Excel allow pupils to do their personal best.
Moreover, we firmly believe that to fully enhance the life chances of our students, our curriculum must actively promote the acquisition of a broad academic vocabulary, articulacy and written communication.
Our subject experts know how pupils’ develop expertise in their subject area. All pupils will study:
- Religious Studies
- Physical Education
- Performing Arts